Raw Edit aims to make your life easier, not harder, so we are happy to accept files in many ways. FTP, DropBox or good old post are all fine.
We have a dedicated and secure FTP server in-house that, once we have set up an account, you can simply upload your files to and then download the completed images. If you prefer to use other file exchange services like DropBox or Hightail, that’s ok too. And of course, you are welcome to pop a portable hard drive or USB stick in the post to us if you like.
Weddings & Events – Prepping your files for Raw Edit Studio
Lightroom edits only
– File > new catalog. Give it a name and direct it to go in the folder with the raw images.
– When LR reopens click File > import photos & video. Navigate to the images and make sure that you’ve clicked Build Smart Previews on the right hand side (see image). This makes a virtual copy of the raw files so it ís a lot smaller and we don’t actually have the images.
If you already have an independent catalog for it then
– Go to the Library tab, select all of the raws and then click Library > Previews > Build Smart Previews
– Go to the folder containing the Lightroom catalog you’re working in and you’ll see the Smart Previews.lrdata file
– Put that file as well as the Preview.lrdata and the the .lrcat file into a folder and zip it.
– Send to Raw Edit Studio via your preferred method. If you use Dropbox or Hightail email the link to email@example.com when the upload is complete.
Regular clients will have a shared dropbox folder that we will link them in to. If this is your case then please put the zipped folder into your folder called To-do. If you use our FTP server please email us to let us know when the upload is complete at your end.
If you are requiring Photoshop adjustments to your images (more than 150) or prefer that we work on the original files then please post a hard drive or USB stick with the raw files in an appropriate folder and post. You do not have to follow the steps above simply put each job in a seperate folder. We will return your images on the same device when complete.
Download these instructions here: prep_files
How long will it take to get my files back?
Once the files are with Raw Edit, the clock starts ticking. Turn-around is approximately 5 working days from receipt of files. In the case of receiving multiple jobs from you all at once, we will work in date order (unless otherwise specified) and each job has a 5 day turnaround. Urgent orders (24 hours) attract a 25% surcharge.
Relinking your catalog with your images
When your job is complete, the new catalog (.lrcat) and preview (.lrdata) files will be uploaded to either your dropbox folder or your folder on our in-house server. The zipped folder will be located in the complete folder.
To relink your raw files with the new catalog just follow these few steps:
– Put the .lrcat & .lrdata file in the folder with your raw images. You can replace the file you previously had or keep both. You will need to rename one of them.
– Double click the .lrcat file to open it in Lightroom
– Click locate and navigate to the folder you’ve put the files.
– Once you’ve found the image, hit select and it will relink all the photos.
– Now the way we do things is to reject (or X) the photos that don’t make it. To just see the photos that made it and have been edited you have to enable filters (cmnd + L) or File > Library Filter > Enable Filters
– You can then show the filter File > Library Filter > Filter by flag > Flagged and Unflagged photos
Download these instructions here: relinking_files
If you require further information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send the original raw file/s along with any instructions including colour/style inspiration images via your preferred method. If sending more than one image please collect all the assets into a folder and zip before sending.
If you use Dropbox or Hightail email the link to email@example.com when the upload is complete.
Regular clients will have a shared Dropbox folder that we will link them in to. If this is your case then please put the zipped folder into your folder called To-do. If you use our FTP server please email us to let us know when the upload is complete at your end.
If you would like a quote please email a low res copy of the image to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a quote request.
If you are unable to bring the photos into our studio then please post (we suggest registered mail with tracking) the photograph or album/album page to us. Please do not attempt to remove any pictures stuck to album pages – we can do that if you require.
1a 19 Windsor Road
Burnside, Q 4560
If you would like a quote please take a close up photo of the image you want restored and email us at email@example.com with a quote request.